Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology: Focus on Heart Health
Our Cardiology Department strives to provide patients with expert cardiac treatment and care. It offers diagnostic procedures to minimize cardiovascular risk and comprises of inpatient and outpatient facilities, and a comprehensive range of investigational facilities including a dedicated round-the-clock cardiac catheter lab. The department offers services such as treatment of angina, arrhythmia, blockage of coronary arteries, valvular heart disease, as well as the full range of heart surgery. Our cardiologists listen carefully to each concern and strive to provide on-time evaluation and treatment plans and work closely with our in-house cardiac surgeons. Unique in the UAE is the fact that coronary heart surgery at our center is performed on ‘beating heart’ – truly optimizing the outcomes.
When it comes to Cardiac Surgery, RAK Hospital is in the unique position of having a team of cardiac surgeons, technicians and nurses deputed by the renowned Fortis-Escorts Heart Institute, one of the largest private providers of advanced cardiac surgery in India.
Areas of excellence
• ECG, Holter ECG for 24 – 48 hours, Treadmill stress ECG as a diagnostic approach for coronary heart diseases, palpitation and arrhythmias.
• Echo, Doppler, color flow and tissue Doppler imaging in valve and heart muscle-related diseases.
• Carotid Doppler with pulse and color flow Doppler and Intima measurement to evaluate vessel narrowing which may lead to stroke.
• Coronary Artery Disease (PTCA and Stenting)
• Coronary Artery Disease (Rotablator+Atherectomy)
• Medical Management
• Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
• RF Ablation for Rhythm Disorders
• CT Scan
• CT Coronary Angiography
• Early detection of atherosclerosis
• CV Profiler
• Flow mediated vasodilation
Heart Rhythm Disorder
• Electrophysiology Study
• Tilt Test
Lung Function Test (PFT)