Internal Medicine: Holistic Health
Our Internal Medicine Department manages various types of diseases related to the inner organs, including metabolic, endocrine, rheumatoid and infectious diseases. The team is trained and equipped to deal with whatever problem a patient has, no matter how common, rare, simple and complex it may be. RAK Hospital’s services include complete evaluation and management in the outpatient as well as the inpatient setting. Our specialists believe in a holistic approach and involve other specialties such as gastroenterology, cardiology, neurology, preventive healthcare and nutrition, as and when required.
Areas of excellence
• Preventive medicine, immunization and pre-travel vaccination
• Pre-employment and employment medical assessments
• General health check-ups
• Management of critically-ill patients
• Management and follow-up of chronic diseases
• Pre-surgical assessments and evaluation for fitness for surgical procedures
• Management of auto-immune diseases
• Management of acute and chronic infectious and non-infectious diseases.
• Post-illnesses management and rehabilitation services
• Management of nephrological disorders including chronic renal failure and hemodialysis.
• Pain management
• Palliative and hospice care
• Patient education and training program
• Complimentary health check campaigns
• Conducting training programs and regular continuous medical education conferences